Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd
Last Updated: May 24 , 2018
1. What I nformation We Collect
In order to provide HIKVISION S ervices to you, we will ask you to provide personal information that is necessary to provide those services to you. If you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
“Personal information” shall have the same meaning as “personal data” and shall include any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. Example s of personal information include your name, email address, physical address, and payment information.
Personal information also includes information that alone cannot directly identify you, but with other information we have access to can identify you , such as product serial numbers, log data that automatically records information about your visit, such as your browser type, domains, page views, the URL of the page that referred you, the URL of the page you next visit, your IP address, and page navigation, unique device ID collected from Products and your mobile devices, data from cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons, the country and time zone of the connected Product, geo-location, mobile phone carrier identification, and device software platform and firmware information.
2. How We Collect and U se Your Information
Here are some examples of the personal information we may collect and how we may use it :
- W hen you create your account to use HIKVISION Services (“Account”) , we will collect information including your name, and email address . In addition, when you install and use Products, we will collect certain basic information via HIKVISION Services, such as your product name, the product ’s verification code, and serial number, which are unique to the Product connected to HIKVISION Services and associated with your Account.
- When you respond to our e-mails, contact our customer service, or use other customer support tools, we collect your information to provide you with support, verify your identity with your Account profile information, and confirm your Product.
We may also use the information we collect for the following purpose:
- send you reminders, technical notices, updates, alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, and requested information ; and
pursuant to our legitimate business interests:
- o perate, maintain, improve, and develop HIKVISION Services and Products;
- personalize your experience with HIKVISION Services and Products;
- i ncrease the safety of HIKVISION Services and Products – for example, for user authentication, security protection, fraud detection, filing, and backups;
- perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- m anage our everyday business needs, such as auditing, administration of HIKVISION Services, forum management, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, and enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations ;
- e nhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and determine your interests; and
- in the context of a corporate transaction (e.g., corporate restructuring, sale or assignment of assets, merger) and to protect our rights or property, to enforce legal notices and for the establishment, exercise and defense of legal claims;
- meet a legal obligation, a court order or other binding decision (s) ; and
3. Cookies and Other Technologies
We may also engage one or more third party service providers to serve online advertisements on our behalf via HIKVISION Services. They may use a pixel tag or other similar technology to collect information about your visits to sites, and they may use that information to target advertisements for our Products and HIKVISION Services. For more information regarding this practice and to opt-out of such collection and use of this information by our third party service providers, please see www.networkadvertising.or g .
4 . How We Share Your Information
HIKVISION may disclose personal information to cloud service provider, network service provider and other service providers on the basis of non- disclosure agreement s .
The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information:
- We may provide information to third-parties if we believe in good faith that we are required by mandatory law to do so. For example, to comply with legal orders and government requests; response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts; to protect the interests of our customers and users of HIKVISION Service; to respond to claims that any content posted or displayed using HIKVISION Service violates the rights of third parties; in an emergency protect the health and safety of users of HIKVISION Service or the general public.
- We share information to protect our own legitimate business interests when we believe in good faith that we are required or permitted by law to do so. For example, we may share your personal information as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; to combat fraud or criminal activity; to protect our rights or those of our affiliates and users; or as part of legal proceedings affecting HIKVISION .
We may also disclose non- personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymized data) publicly or with third-parties , provided those data have been r endered anonymous in such a way that the data subject is no longer identifiable . For example, we may share non- personal information:
- for the same reasons we might share Personal information;
- to better understand how our customers interact with HIKVISION Services and Products, in order to optimize your experience, improve our products, or provide better services;
- for our own research and data analytics; or
- to our vendors for their own analysis and research.
5 . Securing Your Personal Information
HIKVISION has implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard personal information. We also conduct periodic reviews and assessments of the effectiveness of our security controls.
Notwithstanding the above, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, HIKVISION cannot guarantee that your personal information is under absolute security with the existing security technology. If you have any questions about the security of HIKVISION Services, you can contact us by phone at +86-571-8807-5998 or email at email@example.com .
6 . Accessing , Correcting and Retention Your Personal Information
HIKVISION generally stores your persona l information on HIKVISION ’s servers which is established upon Amazon Servers unt il you delete or edit it, or for as long as you remain a HIKVISION customer in order to provide you with the most relevant offers .
Keeping your personal information current helps ensure that we provide you with the most relevant offers. W e are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, deactivating your account, and removing your active profile and data. Your personal information might not be immediately deleted, as w e are required to retain records relating to previous purchases through HIKVISION Services for financial reporting and compliance reasons pursuant to applicable laws . In addition, because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete certain information, we may temporarily retain backup copies of such information before it is permanently deleted.
7 . Social Networks
We may permit others to link to HIKVISION services or to post a link to their web site. We do not endorse these web sites and are not responsible for other web sites or their privacy practices. Please read their privacy policies before submitting information.
8. Children’s Privacy
HIKVISION does not intend that any portion of its HIKVISION Services will be accessed or used by children under the age of 1 8 , or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction and such use is prohibited. HIKVISION Services are designed and intended for adults. By using HIKVISION Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years old , or above the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction and understand that you must be at least 18 years old , or above the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction in order to create an account and purchase the goods or services advertised through HIKVISION Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that an account is associated with a registered user who is under the age of 18 years old , or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction , we will promptly delete information associated with that account. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 , or equival ent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us please contact us by phone at +86-571-8807-5998 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org . A pare nt or guardian of a child under the age of 18 , or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction may review and request deletion of such child’s personal information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
9 . Global Operations
We transfer and process your information globally both in our own facilities and with service providers, or partners, regardless of where you use our Services. T he laws, regulations, and standards of the country in which your information is stored or processed may be different from those of your own country . You r registration data will be collected and used or stored by HIKVISION , currently in the U.S. , Singapore, Brazil and Ireland . In the European Union (E U ), we will store and keep your registration data inside the EU in encrypted form including when we utilize a third party for storage HIKVISION put in place contractual protections, approved by the European Commission, to secure your information. A copy of those contracts can be obtained by contacting us at the address below. I n exceptional circumstances HIKVISION in China and other countries may have access to this content in order to provide product support services.
1 0 . Contact Us
Copyright@ 201 8 Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.